Friday, March 4, 2011

Google Voice

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."
                 - Antoine de Saint-Exupery






Text me now at (661) 347-4990




Why I love Google Voice:





  • It's the phone number I can give to everyone, and the way I communicate with students, parents, family and friends.
  • I'm faster on a keyboard than I am with my thumbs.
  • Google Voice app for my iPhone (and for other platforms, too!)
  • We used it for texting contests at CADA Camp .
  • I use it for review games in the classroom.
  • I use it to connect with my Disneyland eighth graders.
  • We used it to vote for fan favorite at the Talent Show.
  • We are about to use it to reach out to students in need (the new "Counselor Drop-Box."



There are dozens of ways to use this in school.  How will you use Google Voice?

No comments: