Thursday, February 28, 2008

CADA Convention Day 2 - February 28, 2008


Today was a full day at the CADA Convention. The highlight of the day for me was definitely this morning's keynote speaker, Chad Hymas.

Chad talked about how we have a responsibility as adults to do the right thing, and guide the young people in our care down the right path, just like his father did. Being a father myself, Chad's talk especially resonated with me. The best message was this: "The greatest gift you can give to the young people in your life is the gift of time." Chad's story made me think of how fortunate I am to have all that I have, and I made sure to give my wife and daughter an extra hug and a kiss when I saw them later this morning.

Tomorrow morning I will be giving my very first full-length presentation at the CADA Convention, and I am both excited and nervous. I hope to give valuable tools to those who attend my session tomorrow, and inspiration that "it really does get easier after the first year!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ron - THANK You! I had questions and you had all the answers! Thank for the forms, I look forward to seeing the PP slides soon (wink). Thank you father - he made you irreplaceable!