Sunday, March 2, 2008

I love the letter to students saying they were suggested for ASB. However, what about those kids that don't get their names suggested by teachers?

Do you get complaints?"

You care an awful lot about kids' feelings. Are you a middle school teacher? :-)

That definitely is a valid concern, and if you're worried about the kids already in your ASB program, then I would explain what you're doing and put it in the right context for them. "If you don't get a letter, it could simply mean that your teachers already know you're in ASB, and therefore you don't need to be recruited again."

Overall, I think the benefits of those kids getting the letters outweigh the possibility of other kids getting their feelings hurt. I always delivered the letters during class time, but if you were concerned about kids opening letters in front of their friends, you could address them and send them to the students at home. That would make the letter even more special, I think. Kids hardly ever get letters in US mail, so that would certainly be a treat.

Hope that helps. Give me a holler if I didn't fully answer your question.

RVI

No comments: