Saturday, March 1, 2008

With your "leadership" score, is it possible for your ASB President to not get a "4"?

I suppose if the president were not performing his/her duties of conducting the meeting, then yes. This score of "4," though, is strictly for performing the task of running the meeting each day. I have had GREAT ASB Presidents, and I have had some stinkers. Those who are not good leaders may get that score of "4," for facilitating daily meetings, but will come up short in other areas. I would expect an ASB President to be taking the lead on a number of different tasks, big and small. In the real world, though, we don't always get those dynamic, outstanding leaders at the top of the heap. That's why I like this grading system--because it keeps everyone, including the ASB President, honest.

RVI

No comments: